Updated: Jun 4, 2019
Unit 12. Plant anatomy and Plant physiology
1. Nehemiah Grew is known as father of Plant Anatomy.
2. Plant tissues can be broadly classified into Meristamatic, Permanent tissue.
3. Cuticle is present on the outer wall of epidermis to check evaporation of water.
4. Vascular tissue system is consists of xylem and phloem tissues.
5. Xylem conducts water and minerals to different parts of the plant.
6. Phloem conducts food materials to different parts of the plant.
7. Cortex is a multilayered large zone made of thin walled parenchymatous cells with intercellular spaces.
8. Endodermis is the innermost layer of cortex.
9. The tissue present between xylem and phloem is called conjunctive tissue.
10. The large central parenchymatous zone with intercellular spaces is called pith.
11. Each vascular bundles is surrounded by few layer of sclerenchyma cells called bundle sheath.
12. The tissue present between the upper and lower epidermis is called mesophyll.
13. Chloroplasts re green plastids containing green pigment called chlorophyll.
14. Light dependent photosynthesis was discovered by Robin Hill (1939).
15. Melvin Calvin, an American biochemist discovered chemical pathway for photosynthesis.
16. The mitochondria were first discovered by Kolliker in 1857.
17. The mitochondrion is referred to as the “power house of the cell.”
18. Carparian strips are present in the endodermis of the root.
19. The endarch condition is the characteristic feature of stem.
20. The xylem and phloem arranged side by side on same radius is called conjoint.
21. Ethyl alcohol is formed during anaerobic respiration.
22. Krebs’s cycle takes place in mitochondrial matrix.
23. Cortex lies between epiblema and endodermis.
24. Xylem and phloem occurring on the same radius constitute a vascular bundle called conjoint bundle.
25. Glycolysis takes place in Aerobic respiration.
26. Mitochondria is ATP factory of the cells.
Unit 1 - Laws of Motion
One word answers
1. Mechanics is the branch of physics that deals with effect of force on bodies.
2. Statics deals with the bodies, which are at rest under the action of forces.
3. Dynamics is the study of moving bodies under the action of forces.
4. Kinematics deals with the motion of bodies without considering the cause of motion.
5. Linear momentum = mass x velocity.
6. Unit of momentum in SI system is km m/s.
7. Unit of momentum in C.G.S. system is g cm/s.
8. Based on the direction in forces can be classified into like and unlike parallel forces.
9. Unit of torque in SI system is N m.
10. Unit of moment of couple in SI system is N m.
11. Unit of moment of couple in C.G.S. system is Dyne cm.
12. Unit of force in SI system is Newton.
13. Unit of force in C.G.S. system is Dyne.
14. Weight = mass x acceleration due to gravity.
15. Surface of the moon is 1.625 m secondssquare